Author Topic: Missing from Database  (Read 842 times)

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Missing from Database
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »
Canada, Australia, Tuvalu and Niue are the four toughest countries to keep up with because they issue so many new types and, generally, in minute mintages.  Therefore, this is an ongoing challenge; this last weekend’s image library update just added hundreds of images for Canada and Australia (all of the images currently included for Niue are new as of that update).  If you have these coins and a flatbed scanner, and you’re willing to send us a scan of each side, we’ll certainly add it to the database right away.  Of course, you can add the series to your database yourself, but if you send an image, we can add it to the image library so that everyone who is interested can get that addition.

Offline KimsKoins

• View Profile
    • Kim's Kions
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
Email sent with images.

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Thank you for sending the images; they look great.  I will get them added to the database today and I’ll follow up with a post as soon as that’s done.

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:22:19 AM »
The databases for Australia, Niue and Tuvalu have been updated and the new images have been added to the image library.  If you download the price lists for any or all of these countries, that will make the new coin types available.  You’ll need to add these coin types to your collection before you’ll see them in Exact Change.  If you have Auto Updates turned on, the program will automatically ask you if you’d like to add the new types.  If you have that option turned off, you can update any country by right-clicking on the country in the series editor and selecting “Update this series” from the menu that pops up.

I didn’t update Canada yet because the three dollar coin falls below the minimum image size so our server would automatically kick it out (the $3 coin is smaller in diameter than the 1 ounce coins, so it fell below 900x900 pixels while the larger coins resulted in images over that size.  Could I trouble you to rescan that image at twice that resolution?

Offline KimsKoins

• View Profile
    • Kim's Kions
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 06:29:24 AM »
Images emailed for $3 Canadian.

Offline KimsKoins

• View Profile
    • Kim's Kions
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
I updated the software and downloaded the new price lists.  I was only able to find the orangutan. 

Offline THoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:10:39 PM »
I cant find the Marshall Islands. Is there anything from there in the software?

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
The Marshal Islands is an odd case because they produce hundreds of different designs (and growing at a rapid rate) and yet I’ve never run into anyone that had more than one or two types.  It’s for this reason that we’ve stockpiled images of whatever types we’ve managed to image and when we can get a reasonable array of images together, we’ll add that.  This is what we did with the other prolific issuers like Niue.  We’re also looking for images Hutt River Province which, like the Marshal Islands, has issued hundreds of designs yet it’s very difficult to find anyone who has more than one or two types (though we did add Hutt River Province to the database already).

Offline THoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 04:42:36 AM »
And that is the case here. I only have two $5 from 1990. The battle of Britain and Germany united. I will send over images for these if you dont already have them.

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 06:26:07 PM »
The database for the Marshal Islands has been posted.  No images have yet been posted to the Exact Change image library (that’s coming soon) but if you download the price list for the Marshall Islands, Exact Change will automatically include it in the “Add Countries” menu so that you can add it to your collection database.  While we were at it, we also included paper money of Puerto Rico and coins of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, two other database additions that have been in the works.

If you have coins from the Marshall Islands and you’re able to send images of them, we’d really like to hear from you; contact us at WildMan@ExactChange.Info or (707)987-4499.