Author Topic: [s]2[/s] 1 small wish  (Read 4543 times)

bomndk

[s]2[/s] 1 small wish
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »

View Profile

2 1 small wish

I have 1 small wish for Exact Change

1. I would still very much like to have the obverse and reverse picture of the coin on the "coin tab", for example to the right of "graded by" and I would like them to bee click able to max size.
I still think you might have them as user defined fields.

BTW: The User defined grading scale works great now  :)

Kind Regards

Bo Fritzen

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: [s]2[/s] 1 small wish
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »
We can’t place the images on the bottom half of the coins page because that space is used for user-defined fields; it’s a question of allocating available screen real estate.    We could include them as a type of user-defined field; rather than providing an input, that type of user defined field would just display images attached to the coin record.  We tried that but were not really happy with the way it looked because it means you may have to scroll down to see the images.

We’ve been prototyping another approach that I think works really well.  You can see it in the attached image.  The obverse and reverse of the selected coin appear in a panel on the right side of the grid.  Along the left side of the images is a bar (labeled with a “>”).  If you click this bar, the panel will close up and you can open and close this panel as you want.    In this image the screen is pretty small; if you maximize the main window then the amount of grid space that the images take up becomes pretty nominal.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, we welcome any feedback you may have.

bomndk

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »
Hi Wild Man

This will do it for me - as long as I don't have to "open" the picture frame each time I select a new coin or I close and open the program.  :)

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
This change is now available on the Exact Change beta server.  In version 5 we added a “beta update” function which, like the live update feature, downloads and installs updates.  The beta server allows us to send out beta releases only to those users who are interested in receiving beta releases.  Anyone who is interested in accessing the beta release should email us and we’ll send you some easy instructions on how to turn on access to the beta server.