Author Topic: Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem  (Read 2547 times)

Offline glaguna

• View Profile
    • Email
Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »
I am using version 4.0.0.37 on Mac OS High Sierra and have run into a potential problem.

I have on several occasions gotten the spinning beach ball when adding coins to a user defined series. I would be able to add a coin to the series pricing window, but switch to the Coins view and trying to add a coin I would get the beach ball. I would usually wait a few minutes then force quit. I would then go back to the next to last save and redo my entries, usually without additional incident for a while.

Most recently when this happened, I decided to allow exact change to run on, and surprisingly it came back after 10-15 minutes, and things seemed ok for a while.

Today, adding a new entry to the series I got the beach ball when switching from Pricing to Coins view, but exactChange came back in just a few minutes. However, when I went to add a coin using the Coins view, I noticed the "Year, Mint & Variety" selector had over 150 entries. There are only 26 entries in the pricing view. The 150+ options in the selector contains many dups, all corresponding to the series.

This led me to look at info for my User.ECP file, which is now showing 35MB. A copy I made from a few months ago was only 2MB. I have less than 2K entries in exactChange, so I am thinking the size of this file may be a clue to the problem. Perhaps something like a cross product join in the DB realm.

I'm guessing my User.ECP needs to be cleaned up to remove dups. Any way to do so?

Thanks!

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »
Hi, can you send me a copy of the user.ecp file?  A collection file with the user-defined series included would also help.  If you attach them to an email and send it to WildMan@ExactChange.info, I will look into it.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »
Hi,

I have a solution to send to you, but I can't seem to find an email related to this so I'm not sure who to send the file to.  Please drop me an email and I'll send that right off.

Offline glaguna

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
I replied via email but never got a response - perhaps filtering on your end or mine? I have since upgraded to mojave. Not sure whether this will make a difference. I realize I had not checked the "allow users to email" option in my profile. This is now checked. Thank you in advance for the solution.