Author Topic: Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem  (Read 90 times)

Offline glaguna

• View Profile
Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »
I am using version 4.0.0.37 on Mac OS High Sierra and have run into a potential problem.

I have on several occasions gotten the spinning beach ball when adding coins to a user defined series. I would be able to add a coin to the series pricing window, but switch to the Coins view and trying to add a coin I would get the beach ball. I would usually wait a few minutes then force quit. I would then go back to the next to last save and redo my entries, usually without additional incident for a while.

Most recently when this happened, I decided to allow exact change to run on, and surprisingly it came back after 10-15 minutes, and things seemed ok for a while.

Today, adding a new entry to the series I got the beach ball when switching from Pricing to Coins view, but exactChange came back in just a few minutes. However, when I went to add a coin using the Coins view, I noticed the "Year, Mint & Variety" selector had over 150 entries. There are only 26 entries in the pricing view. The 150+ options in the selector contains many dups, all corresponding to the series.

This led me to look at info for my User.ECP file, which is now showing 35MB. A copy I made from a few months ago was only 2MB. I have less than 2K entries in exactChange, so I am thinking the size of this file may be a clue to the problem. Perhaps something like a cross product join in the DB realm.

I'm guessing my User.ECP needs to be cleaned up to remove dups. Any way to do so?

Thanks!

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »
Hi, can you send me a copy of the user.ecp file?  A collection file with the user-defined series included would also help.  If you attach them to an email and send it to WildMan@ExactChange.info, I will look into it.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Mac High Sierra Version - Possible Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »
Hi,

I have a solution to send to you, but I can't seem to find an email related to this so I'm not sure who to send the file to.  Please drop me an email and I'll send that right off.