Author Topic: Newest coins - why no way to enter?  (Read 984 times)

Offline rwm3n

• View Profile
Newest coins - why no way to enter?
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
This is probably a simple thing with a simple answer, but I can't see any way to enter stuff like 2018 silver eagles or 2018 America the Beautiful coins. I have downloaded the most recent update, but that does not seem to have corrected this. I don't see how one can enter anything minted after 2017. Also, on an unrelated matter, I was entering some modern US commemorative coins into the program, and some of the silver dollars were minted in both proof and uncirculated but with the same mint mark. These however seem to be included under the same entry, unlike years where proof and uncirculated commemorative coins had different mint marks. A feature or a bug?

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Newest coins - why no way to enter?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
There are actually three types of updates you can download; program updates, price list updates and image updates.  Rather than lumping these all into one download option, we separated it so that you can have more control over what you want to download.  For example, some people who've made a lot their own of changes to a particular price list don't want to download our price list and have it overwrite theirs.  There are so many images that it can take a while to download them, especially if your internet connection isn't great.  Therefore, you may want to download a new version of the program without having to, at the same time, download gigabytes of image data.

Anyway, it sounds like you downloaded the program update but what you'll need to do to see the 2018 data is download the current price lists.  In the "Tools" menu, under "Check for updates", select "Download current price lists".  If you download images, you'll get the images of the 2018 coins.  All of the 2018 coins currently in the database (from any country) are imaged in the image library.

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
I also have the new 2018 coins to enter and I have done the updates (All Three).  I cannot find any 2018 in the Mint sets category under US coins.  The Field still says 1947 - 2017. Is there something else I should do to get the 2018 to show?

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 09:21:45 PM »
2018 is listed in the mint and proof sets; I just downloaded the price list and confirmed that.  So, Iím wondering if, when youíre downloading the price list and it pops up with the list of countries, do you have United States checked in the list?  It remembers your previous selections and defaults to that, so if it got unchecked along the way, thatíd basically be turning of updates to that particular price list.

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »
Just so you know, I did just update the program to the latest version yesterday.  I then selected update prices and got the download box, then went back in and selected it again after the download was complete.  Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything and other times I got an error.  I also selected 'All Coins' and get the same error.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
I think perhaps Iíve misunderstood your initial question then; this is something different than I was picturing.  I see that youíre online right now and Iím in the office now (and will be until 2am) so if youíd like to chat via phone, that may be a far faster way to clarify this and get to the bottom of it.

The number here is (707)987-4499.  If you're writing from outside the U.S., just let me know.

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 01:33:19 PM »
You will be happy to know that I finally got the updated coin list to work and now I can see the 2018 Proof sets in the database.  Thanks!