Author Topic: Reports  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Oldsalt1953

• View Profile
Reports
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:38:11 PM »
Trying to familiarize myself with this program...very impressed after a couple of weeks use.  I want to print 2x2 flips for the have coins in the database but the report generates tabs that are too big for the 2x2.  I have tried trimming them to fit, but that cuts off information.  I have tried using printer (Brother) control to shrink the printed copy, and while I can get the box tot he correct size, the information overflows.  Any suggestions?

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
Are you using the Mac or Windows edition of Exact Change?  What model is your printer and what brand of 2x2s inserts are you using?  We call them 2x2 but there are actually several sizes (maybe that name should be changed to "Flip inserts" or something like that).  If you have a ruler handy, it would be helpful to confirm the size of the inserts and also to measure the width of the top, bottom and side boarders.  In there somewhere well find a simple answer.

Offline Oldsalt1953

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply.  I am using the Windows 64version and a Brother MFC-J470DW printer.  The flips I have used for years are the Saflips, which are 2 wide BUT have a heat seal on the perimter making the max insert size 1-11/16.  I can scan and send a sample Report page if you desire.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »
That insert is smaller than the report is designed for.  Yes, if you can send a scan of the sheet that would be very helpful.  If you could jot on it some measurements, that also could help.  Since the insert is smaller, well need to remove something from it in order to get everything to fit, or we can just scale it down so that the print is proportionally smaller.  Let me know what youd prefer; the report editor is extremely flexible so we can lay it out basically any way you can imagine it.

Offline Oldsalt1953

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Just now recognized that you were waiting on a response from me...Did you get the email with the scans?  I would ask that everything get scaled down, rather than omit info.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
Hi,

Im looking at the PDF files you included, but theres an important bit of information that I cant seem to pick out of that because it shows the labels as printed rather than the sheet that you want to print on.  Its not clear how many rows and columns your sheet has, nor how wide the borders are.  For example, Im looking at a sheet that has 4 inserts wide and 5 inserts tall.  Each insert is 1-7/8 inches tall/wide so 4 inserts wide is 7.5 inches, leaving a quarter inch border on each side.  Since the sheet has 5 inserts vertically, for a total of 9.5 inches, there are inch borders along the top and bottom.  Does this accurately describe the sheet you want to print on?

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »
Youll find a draft copy of the revised 2x2 inserts in your email inbox; please let me know what you think of it and if there are any further revisions youd like to make.