Author Topic: World Coin price lists  (Read 26277 times)

PeterT

World Coin price lists
« on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

Firstly let me just say great software. Really help sort out what you do and don't have... among other things :)

My question is though, are price lists available for countires other than the US.

I'm starting with Australian coins, I am an Aussie after all, and was just wondering if and or how to get price data for my australian pre-decimals.

Thanks
Peter

Atomic J

Re: World Coin price lists
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
For price lists I recommend buying the World Coin Catalogs on DVD.  It's the most common reference for world coins here in the states and the eBooks feature in the exact change software works great with these.

I bought my copy from wildman a few years back.  They have the 2010 edition on sale now (they really don't change that much year to year).

Good luck with those pre-decimals!

Offline sholly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
I have the DVD's. Is there a way to upload the price list to the program or is it only a manual input?

Sholly

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
You can use the DVD’s with the eBook feature; there’s more info about that one the Exact Change web site at http://www.exactchange.info/eBook.htm  (Feel free to call or email us if you need further assistance with setting that up).  We’ve been in discussion with Krause about an arrangement wherein their database would be made available in a format that Exact Change could pull into the Pricing tab.  We’ll have more info about that as those discussions progress.

Offline Foreigncoingirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:55 AM »
I have the new 2013 std cat of world coins on dvd. It is the 7th edition.  Do you have an ebook link for it. Didn't see it on the website.

Thanks

AndersonJ663

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
Is there still work on getting the prices from krause for other than USA?

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »
A sovereign has .2354 ounces of gold so you’re looking at a baseline of just under one quarter of today’s spot price (the spot price is $1275.50 right now, see http://www.exactchange.info/Market.htm for current spot prices).  Of course, you’re wondering about numismatic value and that’s going to vary depending on date and grade.  We have a lot of Krause catalogs that are just a few bucks and would provide you with specific answers, see http://www.exactchange.info/Order.htm for more information.

Offline Cacc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
It has been almost 6 years since the talks with Krause. I'm guessing it didn't go well?

I can't talk for others, but I would be willing to pay a subscription-based fee monthly or yearly to have digital access to price lists in the software. I pay $80 per year for the World Coin Catalog as it is, so paying $50-60 a year to have that information pre-populated in Exact Change instead of typing it in manually would be extremely beneficial. As it stands now, by the time the next year's catalog comes out I only have a fraction of the prices entered in.

I guess the other option is for a bunch of us to get together and each take a country and then share the price file that is created...coin community unite!