Author Topic: WU4 update error  (Read 403 times)

Offline agundrum

• View Profile
WU4 update error
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:48:07 AM »
I checked for program updates today, November 25, 2017, and chose to install the update. After it did its thing it eventually gave me an error similar to the attached screenshot.

After clicking on the OK button it attempted to run ExactChange.exe but for whatever reason my TrendMicro virus protection blocked it.  It never has before.  After shutting down TrendMicro I ran ExactChange.exe and was able to update the price list and images.  My concern is that the web update was not updated and checking for program updates from Exact Change says it is up to date.

The Software Update Wizard Service (V4.x) version that is installed is 4.6.2.2 last modified 2013-05-30 @ 12:44.  Is this the version that should be installed?  If not, how do I get the latest version?

Thank you!

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: WU4 update error
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »
The update just prior to the latest update was significantly different in that it downloaded a full installation routine whereas a typical update usually downloads only the main program file and whatever other files actually changed.  The reason for this is that Microsoft released a Windows patch which was incompatible with the PDF engine we were using.  So, we had to scramble to replace the PDF engine; that made things a bit disorganized.

The solution is easy though, if you send me an email, Iíll reply back with a link to a file that will put everything in sync.  Be sure to include your name in the email.