Author Topic: New Directory Customization  (Read 136 times)

Offline Cacc

• View Profile
New Directory Customization
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:27:38 AM »
The directory customization is an amazing new feature...only I can't find it. I have the software installed on two systems, one I did the update and the other was installed on November 11 so should be the latest update. I am using Windows 10 and have looked in both the Program Files/Exact Change and Documents/Exact Change directories and followed that up with a computer-wide search for redirect.ini. Where is that file supposed to be located and if it not automatic, what format should the information be within so that it can be manually created?

Offline Cacc

• View Profile
Re: New Directory Customization
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »
Got it from another thread, sorry for not noticing. Just create a file called Redirect.ini in the program folder (you may have to create it outside so that you can edit it and then copy it in after) and put the following info in plain text.

Code: [Select]
[Directories]
; This ini file is used to change the location of directories used by Exact Change.
; To reroute a directory, specify the full path to the DIRECTORY THAT HOLDS the rerouted directory

; For example, don't use FOLDER IMAGES = C:\MY PICTURES\FOLDER IMAGES
; This will cause the images to load from C:\MyPictures\Folder Images\Folder Images
; Instead, use FOLDER IMAGES = C:\MY PICTURES

; Leave a line blank, erase it, or comment it out with a semicolon if you want to use the default directory.

Folder Images =
;Windows default is \Program Files\Exact Change
;Macintosh default is /Library/Application Support/Exact Change

Ebooks =
;Windows default is \Documents\Exact Change

Prices =

Countries =
;Windows default is \Program Files\Exact Change

Backups =

Reports =

I changed it all to = D:\Dropbox\Exact Change on my two computers and then copied all the folders from \Documents\Exact Change and the Folder Images folder from \Documents\Exact Change and once the almost 10gb synced to Dropbox it all worked perfectly! This is an amazing feature and allows multiple computers to keep the same data no matter which one you use for changes at the time!