Author Topic: Commemorative quarters  (Read 218 times)

Offline bigzmey

• View Profile
Commemorative quarters
« on: November 05, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »
I can't find any commemorative quarters of US series, except Isabella quarter (in US Commemorative).
I have a load of 50 States and America the Beautiful commemorative quarters, do I have to enter all of them manually?
I have Mac OS 3.0.0.33 version.

Thanks,
Sergey

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Commemorative quarters
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 10:29:49 PM »
The 50 States and America the Beautiful quarters are listed under United States -> Quarters -> Washington quarter.

These two series, and the Presidential dollar series, have a bit of special functionality.   In the “Display” menu, you’ll notice that these three series have a menu option which enables you to select one of the designs from that series to represent that series on the series editor.  For example, rather than having 50 different series to represent each of the designs of the State Quarters, all of the state quarters are in one series and you can select any one as the “Typical” design to represent that series.  This means you can place all of your State Quarters into a single series rather than having to keep switching series and you enter various states.  I believe if you look at that series this will all become clearer than my explanation here, but if you have any questions about it, please let me know.

Offline bigzmey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
I found it, thanks.
Why it's so different from similar commemorative series for other countries ?

Sergey

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
It really boils down to a judgment call.  The 2 Zlote coins of Poland could all be in one series, but describing them without having a series image of each type would, I think, leave people with difficulty in identifying the various designs.   

Offline bigzmey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
Well, there are series like Confederation or Values (or many others) in Canadian 25 cents issues, which could be alternatively described in a similar way. Or Cities of Military Glory Russian 10 rubles.

However, it's not a problem, was just a bit surprised.

Sergey