Author Topic: Making changes to many coins  (Read 20989 times)

John

Making changes to many coins
« on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »
I downloaded the new program and I like the new features.  I have one question though.  A lot of times I make the same change to a bunch of coins.  For example I just sent a slew of winged Liberty dimes to PCGS.  I want to change the Graded by field to say PCGS without having to change each entry.  There must be a way to do this but I don’t see it.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Making changes to many coins
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
You can select many entries on the coins page by clicking on the first coin you’d like to select and then holding down the shift key as you click on the last coin you’d like to select.  When you this, you’ll notice that all the coins in-between are highlighted (selected).   You can also select multiple coins by holding down the ctrl key as you click on each coin; you’ll notice that all the coins you click on remain selected.  When you have a bunch of coin entries selected, any change you make will be applied to all the selected coins.  For example, if you select a bunch of coins and change the “Graded by” field to say “PCGS”, then all those coins will be changed to PCGS.

John

Re: Making changes to many coins
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
Ok, that worked.  Thanks.