Author Topic: "Already Installed" when trying to reinstall on Mac  (Read 224 times)

Offline csiemen

• View Profile
"Already Installed" when trying to reinstall on Mac
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:46:32 AM »
Had a system crash. Recovered by restoring time machine backups. All went well except for Exact Change. Opening program prompts me for my file, then nothing but blank screens. So I figured that something in the restore went amiss, so deleted the App, downloaded the installer again but when I run it I get a message that it can't be installed on my Mac HD because a higher version is already installed. The original app (3.0.0.0.33) was deleted and trash emptied. I renamed my Exact Change file that was in Documents to it's not found. What else is the installer looking for. so it thinks it's already there?

Thanks,
Chuck

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: "Already Installed" when trying to reinstall on Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »
When you say that you downloaded the installer again, did you perhaps download the trial version from the web site?   If you send me an email at WildMan@ExactChange.info, Iíll send you the download email with a link to the latest release (your forum profile doesnít identify you, otherwise Iíd have just sent it).

Offline csiemen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
I didnít get the trial. I downloaded from my original note that had the download link and my key info in it. Iíll send an email to your address. Thanks.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 01:46:54 AM »
I sent you a link to download the update that we just posted.  Not only is it a high version number, but we set the installer program to not even do that version check.  So, you should be able to install that update without encountering this.  If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.