Author Topic: Price list won't update  (Read 528 times)

Offline bealeo

• View Profile
Price list won't update
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
Hi,

I am a new user of the software and am running is on Mac OS 10.12.6. The software version I downloaded from your site and installed is 3.0.0.33.

The problem I am having is that I can't get the software to display prices for any coins which aren't US coins. I have updated the price list for Great British coins through the option in the tools menu, and get the confirmation that this has been updated, but when I look at any of the coins in the GB series, there are no prices shown.

I notice there is a 'price files_01.zip' file in the '/Documents/Exact Change/Backups/' folder. This was unpacked. I unpacked it but this had not improvement. I have no firewall enabled in MacOS.

Please could you advise me of what may be wrong here?

Thanks,

Ian
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:02:34 PM by bealeo »

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Price list won't update
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:59:48 PM »
Exact Change does pricing for U.S. coins and paper money; thereís a price list for each country which includes years minted, mint marks, varieties and such, as well as metallic content, mintage figures (where available) weight  and catalog number.  From this information, other data is calculated such as fineness.  The world coin price lists do not, however, have the values filled in; thatís what the eBook function is all about.  Some countries do have the pricing information filled in as some users have taken on pricing for particular countries.  Anyway, the eBook function provides a one-click reference to look up a coin if you have the Krause catalog in DVD format.  While the Krause catalogs each cover one century, the Exact Change database includes as many as four centuries for some counties (plus paper money which is a different set of Krause catalogs), so the sheer volume of data which that entails necessitated a different approach.   If youíre not familiar with the eBook feature in Exact Change, check out http://www.exactchange.info/eBook.htm and if you have any questions about that, please let me know.