Author Topic: Update errors  (Read 426 times)

Offline rrb

• View Profile
    • PCS Online Store
    • Email
Update errors
« on: July 25, 2017, 08:44:06 AM »
Hello,

I receive an error on two countries when updating Paper Money images...China and St. Thomas and Prince...with Error Code: 18. All other countries update properly.
Bob

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Update errors
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
The China paper money file was not complete; it looks like the file got was probably being transferred when we lost our internet last week.  Iíve resent the file and downloaded it to make sure itís all set; if you try that now, you should find it downloads without further issue.  I didnít find any issue with the Saint Thomas & Prince file; I suspect you may have been downloading it just as we were updating it.  Normally, we update the image library very late at night but because of the interruption in our internet, we updated during the day in order to catch up.  Anyway, please give that another go and if you have any questions or if, for any reason, you experience any more difficulty with that, please let me know.

Offline rrb

• View Profile
    • PCS Online Store
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
Morning,

I did try the updates again and...

1. China did download and update correctly this morning
2. St. Thomas and Prince update still fails
Bob

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
Iíve tried downloading paper money images for St. Thomas and Prince, on both the Windows and Mac editions of Exact Change.  Yet, Iíve been unable to encounter and trouble in that process as I did earlier with the Chinese paper money.  If anyone else has had any trouble with that file, please let us know.  I suspect that perhaps the issue stems from a problem with the Existing St. Thomas and Prince directory; if that directory somehow got flaged as read-only, it could cause this issue.  If youíre somewhat computer savvy, I would suggest perhaps deleting the existing directory (C:\Program Files\Exact Change\Folder images\ Saint Thomas paper) and then try the update.  That way, itís creating a new folder and not overwriting an existing folder and this may, at least, shed some light on that.

Offline rrb

• View Profile
    • PCS Online Store
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
Hello,

Still battling this issue. I did take a screen shot of the folders (see attachment) and the folder you described doesn't exist. Should I rename the folder I have on my machine? If yes, what is the correct folder name?

Bob
Bob

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
The folder name is ďSaint Thomas paperĒ (Saint isnít abbreviated in the name of the paper money directory) so is would be listed just above what this screen grab shows.  Also, in the screen grab it looks like you perhaps scrolled down so itís unclear what directory youíre showing there.  It appears to be the right folder but I just want to confirm that thatís \Program Files\Exact Change\Folder images.

Offline rrb

• View Profile
    • PCS Online Store
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
Gregg,

1. I manually created the "Saint Thomas paper" folder
2. Tried to update again but it failed again

The download window never appears for this update??

Bob
Bob