Author Topic: Update issue with latest update version?  (Read 558 times)

Offline eleal

• View Profile
Update issue with latest update version?
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »
Not sure if this is just happening to me but since I updated to the latest version of the software when I check for new updates of anything prices, images, software it just hangs there forever. It is not a frozen screen and you can still close the update pop up via the X but it never downloads anything nor advises there are no updates.

Is there anyway to rollback to the previous version I was using? I'd hate to reinstall with all the images again from the DVD version and then upgrade that to the version I had before.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Update issue with latest update version?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:37:11 AM »
Most likely, the Web Update Wizard (the program which downloads the update) is being blocked from accessing the internet by your firewall program.  Usually, this can be resolved by telling the firewall to allow access by the program WuWUI.exe (located in the Windows directory).  On many firewall programs, this is referred to as “Creating an exception”.   

The Web Update Wizard logs each step so we can check that to see what the holdup is if setting the firewall doesn’t resolve the issue, but the vast majority of the time that’s all that is necessary to resolve this.

Offline eleal

• View Profile
Re: Update issue with latest update version?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »
I actually have a rule already for the web update since I ran into this issue on my original install.

I was able to get the updates finally last night but not in the way it was designed. I still haven't determined root cause nor what exactly "fixed" the problem since logically I don't see a reason why anything I did would have fixed it.

After trying for what had to be the 100th time I was beyond baffled and frustrated. This time I clicked check for price updates. The update check screen came up and hung there again continuing to "check" but not frozen (could still close with the X) as I stated before. This time I minimized the program and clicked away from it then opened again and like usual the screen had disappeared but this time I opened an update a second time while the other update was presumably still running somewhere in the background but not visible. Then I clicked behind that new update screen on the main interface and then minimized it again and then I finally saw the "download" and "unzipping" screen in the background. Again beyond clicking away like a mad man because I had run out of possible scenarios in my head there was no logical explanation as to why my random clicking in frustration solved the problem. For my own sanity I just tried an update now before posting this and it seems to be back to normal now?!?