Author Topic: Help locating set types  (Read 448 times)

Offline eleal

• View Profile
Help locating set types
« on: July 09, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
Hello was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for finding these sets to add to my collection?

2017 225th Anniversary American Liberty Silver Medal
2014 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Uncirculated 2-Coin Set
America the Beautiful Quarters 3-Coin Sets
50 State Quarters Greetings from America State Card Quarter and Stamp Sets
50 State Quarters Coin and Die Sets

Offline eleal

• View Profile
Re: Help locating set types
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
any help?

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »
Are you looking for a coin dealer?  If so, I’ve worked with Dale at Island Rarities of Florida (www.islandraritycoins.com) and he’s always treated me right.  I couldn’t possibly say enough nice things about Stephen Album Rare Coins (www.stevealbum.com) but that’s not generally the type of material they specialize in (though they’d still be worth checking on that).  Did you already check eBay?  If you come across the medal, I’d like to encourage you to send in an image if possible; we’re currently building a new database of medals which includes the U.S. Mint List Medals.

Offline eleal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »
Ah sorry maybe that's why I wasn't getting any responses. I meant I wanted to add these items in my collection inventory but did not find them in any of the lists I thought that they would be in.

As for the silver medal I do have that in hand got it from the mint recently wanted the gold coin but it was a little out of my range. If you have any suggestions or articles I can read on how to properly photograph I would not mind sending you a few pictures.

Offline eleal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:27 PM »
any help finding these in the program?

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »
If I can get an image of the silver medal, it’ll be in the forthcoming “Medals and Tokens” database.  The other items in your list are all variations of packaging options.  We had historically rejected listing separate packaging options in deference to a “Buy the coin, not the package” philosophy but that’s changed a bit recently.  For example, we added first day covers for the 50 State Quarters even though that’s really just a packaging option.  Part of the issue there is that when we add a packaging option, people expect that there’ll be pricing information based on packaging and that’s very difficult to come by.  Of course, you can click the “Add” button on the “Prices” page and  add whatever you’d like but I do see your point and welcome anyone’s thoughts and comments on this so that we can further evaluate it.

Offline eleal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
I suppose at least for me it is beneficial when you have multiple items in the same packaging. For example with the Kennedy 2-coin set or the ATB 3 coin set are a single package where the individual coins are not removable.

A few problems come to mind for me if I were to list them as separate line items in my inventory. When looking at the collection as a whole I feel the total items would be misrepresented. Also if I were to lump it in with the rest of the collection and list it as qty 2 for example that would be misleading. Now I typically do not sell my coins but say I could not sell one without selling the other what may have looked like a duplicate to me is in fact part of a set that should not be broken. I would also have to look at 2 or 3 different line items in my inventory to make sense of the set unless there was a way to link items?

The coin and die set is a unique item to my collection and that particular item I would have no way of listing other than creating a new identifier as you said in the pricing tab. I've been trying to avoid changing any of the price tabs as I find myself constantly updating new lists when available.

Pictures of the medal can be found here http://imgur.com/a/ZKsWP I apologize ahead of time as I am by no means an expert photographer.