Author Topic: Report Press Label Printing  (Read 432 times)

Offline stzengel

• View Profile
Report Press Label Printing
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
I'd like to print coin information on Avery return address labels.  I've been able to design the labels, but when it comes to printing, is there any way to control which label on the sheet that the printing starts on?  The question is for when you only have a few labels to print so as not to waste labels unnecessarily.  I used to use Coin Manage (new to Exact Change) and it had this feature in it which was handy.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Stacey

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Report Press Label Printing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
This is a really good idea and we’re working on implementing it now.  It’s really just a question of user interface; how to make it so you can change that setting without having a setting that people have to set before printing.  In other words, right now you can see any report by clicking “Preview” or “Print”; you don’t have to input any report parameters before you get the report.  What we’re leaning toward is a setting on the Report Bin tab that could be used to indicate how many labels you want to skip; it seems logical that in cases where you want to skip a certain number of labels then you’re likely printing from the Report Bin anyway.  In Coin Manage, did you have a set of report parameters that had to be filled in before the report could be generated?  Any thoughts that anyone has regarding this would be much appreciated and we’ll get this into the next update.

Offline stzengel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
In Coin Manage, if you are printing labels, you can select the start position - line # and column #.  You could do it visually - for example - if you are using return address labels - 80 per page, and wanted to print on the 4th row, 3rd label - it would display a sample label page and you could select that visually - which was nice but if you could just input the row and the column and say whether it was to print vertically or horizontally, that would be fine, too.  I'm doing a lot of manual work now exporting to a file, then copying to a Word document - very much appreciate the consideration!

Stacey

Offline stzengel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Thank you for adding this feature (skip used labels) - caught that it was there this week - I used it and it worked perfectly!

Stacey