Author Topic: Wish "Stored in" field allowed 30 characters  (Read 822 times)

Offline andhaugh

• View Profile
Wish "Stored in" field allowed 30 characters
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »
Your functionality to quickly generate a report on coins using the "Stored in" field (i.e.-albums, boxes, trays, etc) is outstanding and exactly what I like to see/use to display what coins I have in a specific storage location.  The free form text functionality already allows me to custom name/abbreviate this "stored-in" field to show my own personal description of my personal storage options.

However, if I had a wish list it would be that the "Stored in" field allow for entry of up to 30 characters instead of the 21 limit at present.  It is not a big deal, but it would be nice for those who wish to be more descriptive on their storage identification.  Some examples of storage location names I would like to use without having to abbreviate are (1) Buffalo Nickel Dansco Album-27 characters (2) Eisenhower Littleton Album-26 characters (3) US Coin Type Littleton Album-27 characters, etc.

This is a no big deal, just a nice to have if there is a coin fairy...   

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Wish "Stored in" field allowed 30 characters
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »
That’s an easy one  :D The “Store in” field now allows 30 characters.  The only reason there’s any limit on that at all really is so that we can somewhat anticipate the field length when laying out a report.   This change is in the update which we’re hoping to finalize over the next couple days.