Author Topic: Updated Coin Database  (Read 1200 times)

Offline heldwhat

• View Profile
Updated Coin Database
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:02:27 AM »
I just updated to the latest version of Windows software (5.10.0.152), images, and pricelist, and many of the newer coins are not listed, such as the 2016 Reagan Presidential dollar, any 2016 proof sets, and most 2017 coins.  Do I need to manually add them, or am I missing something in how to automatically update the list?  I also tried the "Update this series" for the Presidential dollars, and that did not fix the issue.

Thanks!

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Updated Coin Database
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
Hi,
   I’d like to confirm that you’ve actually downloaded all three updates types (Program updates, Image updates, and Price list updates).  The Price list update is the only one that’s really pertinent to your question here, but I’d like to clarify that the process of downloading the program update does not download images or price lists; they’re each in their own download in order to give you maximum flexibility in choosing what you’d like to download.

If you’re saying that you did the “Download current price lists” (and you’re certain “United States Coins” was selected in the list of countries to be updated) then that’s a bit more of a quandary; the 2016 coins have all been listed since the end of 2015 and the 2017 coins have all been listed since December of 2016.  We generally list new coins for a forthcoming year in the December update before the first of the year.  It can take a while to get images because the designs may not even be finalized at that time, but we add what we know to the price list so that there coin can be plugged in to your collection on release day.

If you look in the “My documents” directory, you’ll see an “Exact Change” directory which contains a “Prices” directory.  That “Prices” directory contains a file for the coins or paper money from every country (a total of 405 price lists).  Is the “United States.ECP” file dated back in 2015?  If so, the file may be write-protected or your Windows configuration may be prohibiting us from overwriting it with the newer copy.   That can be resolved but I won’t complicate the discussion with that until we hear back from you on the above and determine that’s necessary. 

Offline heldwhat

• View Profile
Re: Updated Coin Database
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
Sorry for the very delayed response (my dad has the collection and when I visit I help him with the software)...  That was it!

Thank you so much!!!