Author Topic: List index out of bounds - Error Message  (Read 3259 times)

Offline mhonzell

• View Profile
List index out of bounds - Error Message
« on: July 28, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »
I was getting this error when I used the demo, and it would usually just go away when I clicked on OK. Once, it got stuck in a loop and I had to End Task to exit the program, which resulted in a loss of half of my entries. I was told the Demo is an older version and may still have a quirk or two.

I purchased the official program, because it does all that I need and many others do not. Unfortunately, I quickly found I am getting the same error message.

All I have to do...
Open my database.
Open US coins.
Open Kennedy Half dollars, where I have a few coins entered.
Look at an uploaded image on one of these coins.
Select Series.
Then, select Two Cent Pieces.

While this is not crashing the program, I do occasionally lose my most recently populated fields. If I go back to a coin that is now missing multiple fields, then the error message will bounce between the emptied fields as I hit OK. And, the only way out is to End Task. Had I not saved often, I would have lost all my entries since the last save.

I sent you a copy of the database by e-mail.

Offline mhonzell

• View Profile
Re: List index out of bounds - Error Message
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »
This bug is even more insidious...

If you receive this error, then some field on a previously completed coin has just been erased. Happens over and over.

Offline mhonzell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 07:52:04 AM »
I may have stumbled onto a work around...

When entering coins, create an extra coin, but leave (or empty) most of the fields. This is just a junk record to perform the work around.

Now, when entering a new or cloned coin, fill in all the fields as desired, BUT before going to another new coin, click on the junk record. You may, or may not, see information from the last coin entered transferred to this coin. Just ignore it and move on to your next coin.

If you update any information on an existing record, be sure to click on this junk record before moving to another coin to prevent transferring any of the last coin's information to it. NOTE: This applies even if the info updated is an image.

IF you do not click on the junk record (to cause this transfer to occur), but instead move back out to the Series page, (or worse, another coin in the current series.) Then, when you click on another coin type or series, this transfer attempts to occur, but there is no record. SO, you get an out of bounds error message AND the information that is trying to transfer is erased from the last coin you entered. IF you click on an existing coin in the current series, you may have changed existing information in that coin transferred from the previous coin.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:30:30 AM by mhonzell »

Offline meksmk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
I've been having the same problems for a while.  It's happening in all my series it seems.   :-\

Mike

Offline meksmk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
I've contacted support and sent a database back on may7th.  But have not heard back from them.

Offline mhonzell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »
Appears to be fixed with release .148. YEAH!!! 8)

Offline meksmk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »
It does indeed look to be fixed! ;D