Author Topic: Potential Enhancement  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Appwkc

• View Profile
    • Email
Potential Enhancement
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Gidday,

Love the program and continue load my collection into it.

A problem I'm presently having with entering some of my foreign Banknotes is finding them within Exact change.

I have a 500 Yen china banknote from about 1945.  It is recorded in your image library as CBC500Y8f  and CBC500Y9b  however I cannot locate it within the program.
For Matching Foreign notes it would be wonderful to be able to view images for a country or series within a country and when clicking on a image open to the location within the program.

For your consideration

Wayne

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Potential Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:33:01 PM »
I believe the note you’re looking for is the one listed here:

China paper money -> China, Republic -> Central Bank Of China (-1947) -> Regular issues -> 500 Yuan, Sun Yat-sen at center, 1945 issue P-283

Chinese paper money presents a particular challenge because some of it can be very difficult to identify, though many of the early 20th century designs include both Chinese and English text.  In the example you gave there’s no English text to help in identifying the note.  However, wading through the entire image library to find a match would be a tedious approach and there’s a better way.  Your note has the number “500” shown in western script on the back so the only thing we can easily ascertain is that it’s from China and it’s worth 500 something.  So, click on “China Paper Money” and then click “Find text” under “Find” in the “Tools” menu.  In the window that pops up, type in “500” and Exact Change will find the next series that has “500” in the title.  Then, just hit F3 (Find next) to scroll through each of the notes that has “500” in the title.  This way, you’re just looking the 500 Yuan notes to find a match rather than looking through all those images in the image library.