Author Topic: Installed software, no standard image displays for coins  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Ladydiz

• View Profile
Installed software, no standard image displays for coins
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
I just purchased the software and I am trying to see the included coin images.  When I choose a series, no obverse or inverse image displays on the side panel.  I have tried downloading image updates, I click the begin and it appears to complete (the progress bar is all green), but nothing else happens and there are still no images.

Please help!

Thank you....

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Installed software, no standard image displays for coins
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:25:34 PM »
Hi,
This certainly sounds like your firewall software is blocking the downloader from accessing the web; the file C:\Windows\WuWUI.exe can’t be blocked.  Most firewalls will ask for your permission the first time an update is performed but that’s not always the case.  Please tell me what firewall you’re using and hopefully I can tell you how to add that file as an “Exception” so that it can get through the firewall.

Offline Ladydiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
I have Norton Security (latest version) and my system is Windows 7.

Thank you for your help and assistance. I really like what I see in the program so far...  :)

Offline Ladydiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:19 PM »
I found the update that I needed to put into Norton.  Thank you!  You were correct, it needed that file in the exceptions.

Offline Ladydiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
Are there any other program that I should be adding, like for the Price Update?

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 11:59:11 AM »
The Program updates, Price updates, and Image updates all use that same mechanism for downloading data from our web server.  So, with image updates getting through your firewall, I would expect that the other functions will not give you any trouble.  Oh, and new coin types are downloaded as part of the price list update process; when you click on “Download current price lists”, any new coin types will be added to the database.