Author Topic: Windows 8.1 & Scan Drivers  (Read 2018 times)

DanMichSr

Windows 8.1 & Scan Drivers
« on: October 11, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
I'm running windows 8.1 on my desktop and my HP Photosmart C7280 only has a 32 bit driver.  I guess HP hasn't caught up with Windows.  But anyway it would be nice if possible that the Exact Change 64 bit version could be programed to see the 32 bit driver so that you could select the scanner.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Windows 8.1 & Scan Drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »
Exact Change uses the Twain Scanner standard which allows it to access any Twain compatible scanner (which is pretty much any scanner available).  Itís Windows, really, that interjects the whole 32-bit/64-bit driver issue.  A 64-bit app wonít see any 32-bit drivers or visa-versa.  So, if youíre running the 64-bit version of Exact Change, it may not see your scanner while your paint program does (because the paint program is a 32-bit program).  It looks to me like HP does have a 64-bit driver for your scanner at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3204785

DanMichSr

Re: Windows 8.1 & Scan Drivers
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I downloaded a day ago the whole HP Photosmart Software Suite & Drivers.  That did nothing even with a reboot and a driver search search on that printer.  Uninstalled the printer did everything all over again same results.  There was a section where it said if that's all I wanted was the driver to download but that just gave me the 32.  Tried it another way and downloaded the HP Universal Print Driver that is current for 2014.  None of that worked, so sent off a letter to HP and will see what they have to say, when I get an answer I'll post here.  Thanks again.    ;D