Author Topic: Feedback needed on a program change  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Feedback needed on a program change
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »
We’re considering a Change to the Exact Change program and would like to hear any feedback anyone may have before proceeding.  The idea is to remove the “Varieties” tab and replace it with a new eBook that would provide the same information while allowing as much space as is needed for any series.

Any time the program references a variety, such as “Large date” or “Small date”, the varieties page can demonstrate the difference between the two in case you’re uncertain about which one you have.  Using the eBook tab, we could display this information just as the varieties page does now.  Basically, this new technique will use a PDF document with one (or more) pages describing any varieties within a given series.  When you click a series, this eBook would display the corresponding page from that PDF file.

As part of that change, we’d like to add a whole lot more information about various varieties.  So, if you have a coin that illustrates a variety of any type, we’d like to hear from you.  Each image will have a little text to describe the variety so if anyone would like to descriptions to go with those images, we would incorporate those into this new eBook as well.

yenny

Re: Feedback needed on a program change
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:08:42 PM »
I like your idea.

Art_M_II

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:03 AM »
Sounds like a great idea.

Offline klaas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »
This would be a big improvement, with a lot more information. I would like to see it implemented.

Offline cbaytech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:00:04 PM »
Great Idea?

Offline andhaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:37:47 AM »
This sounds like a good enhancement, though would want to make sure reports still capture and display the variety of coins owned.  I tend to think identification of Variety to be something that belongs in an add-on assistant to identification of the Grade of a coin, but change sounds ok.

Offline eleal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
Sounds like the more info the better but I just recently started using the program still trying to figure things out. Not sure I even know where the "Variety" Tab is at yet.