Author Topic: out of memory  (Read 3267 times)

f15nate

out of memory
« on: January 26, 2014, 05:57:08 PM »
I recently did the live update and followed the instructions.  I let it close the program, search for updates, downloaded and installed the updates. 
Now when I start the program it ask for a data file to load (from existing data or create new data.).  It doesn't matter which on I choose a pop up appears and says "out of memory".  I can't figure out what is wrong since i don't have allot of items to choose from.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: out of memory
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »
The latest update moves the price lists from their old location (C:\Program Files\Exact Change\Prices) to the new location (My Documents\Exact Change\Prices) in order to adhere to the will of Bill Gates.  It also changes the way price lists are updated.  Rather than bundling a price list update in with the program update, a price update that was sewn into your existing price list, there’s a new function that downloads the latest price lists for whatever countries you want when you want.

It sounds like the issue you raise is due to a corrupted price list file or one of the old price list update files.  I would suggest deleting everything in both of the directories mentioned above and then just clicking on “Download current price lists” to get a nice clean copy of the price lists.  It’s important that you have a backup of these files if you’ve made any of your own changes to any price lists.  If you’d like help with that, I would be happy to walk through it with you over the phone.  If you’re computer savvy, I would suggest just changing the names of those two directories so that you can download the price lists files without actually deleting anything.  Again, I’d be happy to help you walk though that if you’d like. 

f15nate

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »
I deleted the files under the prices directory.  It didn't help.
After the program starts to load, it comes to the screen that shows the countries.  Then a screen pops up and ask you to choose a collection file to use.  (1) from existing collection files (2) create a new collection file and (3) (which I cannot select as it is greyed out) open a recently used collection file.  I have tried to use the back up files, under (1) and it searches and then pops up "out of Memory".  I have tried selecting (2) create new collection file and it automatically pops up "out of memory".  I am at a loss.
I would delete Exact Change program and start from scratch, BUT I am unable to find the DVD/CD to try and start from scratch.

f15nate

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:08:14 PM »
And I'm using windows 7.  Could this be the problem.

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »
Windows 7 or 8 are not an issue, we use both here.  Send me an email and I’ll send you back a download link.

f15nate

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
I sent you my email address Wildman.  Any help is appreciated.