Author Topic: Folder and coins for Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan  (Read 20466 times)

crwert7

Folder and coins for Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:39:37 AM »
I have a Japanese 1 mon Edo (Tokyo) mintmark (1668-1700; C1.2) coin.  (Please see attached images.)  However, Exact Change has no series in which to log the coin.  Please consider creating a "Tokugawa Shogunate (1636-1868)" briefcase containing coin series appropriate for that period (e.g., 1 Mon Kanei Tsuho (1636-1769)).

Online Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
Re: Folder and coins for Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:56:40 PM »
We’d be more than happy to include these coins in the database but I think we need someone with some expertise in that specific area to evaluate the layout of the new series to assure that they’re properly organized in the most logical structure.  If you’re that person, or you know that person, then please drop me an email.  Plus we’d need to gather as many images as possible so that these new series are identifiable.  Adding new series that are too vague won’t really help but if it could lay out this data in such a way as to really clarify early Japanese coinage that that would be a great benefit for all. 

It’s the same with early Chinese Cash coins; we haven’t added them to the database because it would be unrealistic to say that we include them without including the tools necessary to decipher what type of coin you’re holding in your hand.

crwert7

Re: Folder and coins for Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »
Thanks a lot.  I'll see what I can do.

Chuck