Author Topic: Pricing page disappears  (Read 4406 times)

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
Pricing page disappears
« on: July 07, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
My entries on the pricing page seem to be disappearing for new coins which I have added. I've saved the file then reloaded and the coin entries were still there, but the entries on the pricing list disappeared.

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
Re: Pricing page disappears
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:00:58 PM »
Just figured out that pricing list stays in separate file (User.ecp) and does not switch to new computer using same data file. Copied file to second computer, all is OK.

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »
I can't see to get the same effect by copying user.plu in latest version has something changed

Offline Wild Man

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Exact Change software for coin and currency collectors
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »
Iím not certain what you mean there exactly but I think what you want to do is copy the file User.ECP. You shouldnít even have a file named User.PLU and itís not anything that you need. The existence of a file by that name is probably what caused the issue in the first place because we send price list updates (PLU files) for each country,  but not for user defined prices.  It could happen by oversight but you should really just delete that file.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:51:25 AM by Wild Man »

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:29:23 PM »
Copied user.ecp, works on one computer not the other. Got rid of user.plu, there are .plu files for all countries is this normal after downloading updates. Any ideas why one computer would remember old price list data and not update to new user.ecp.

Offline Rroy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »
I had the same problem (new/modified prices being lost when opening the .ECD file on a second computer).  I just copied the price folder (c:\Program Files\Exact Change\Prices) to the second computer and then started Exact Change and loaded the user.ECD from the first computer on a memory stick and the new modified prices were there. 

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »
This happened again. What am I doing wrong. When I update price list, it removes all the entries that I have entered in the price list such as new years or varieties and I can't seem to get them back from backups of the user.ecp file. The entries are in the coin list but the price list entries don't show up under Year, Mint & Variety drop down menu. Any complete new entries for a coin type are there, but not the updates to a current price list.

Offline collinsg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »
Thanks to Wildman for setting me strait here the price list is saved. I was using the wrong folder.